The first day of March, and the first Sunday of lent. We had a nice sermon today about what lent should not be. Basically, anything that you are doing to make yourself look better to others or in the eyes of God is not a proper lenten sacrifice. Dieting or using lent to give up a bad habit are a couple of examples. I never really thought of it that way- a lot of people use lent to kick smoking or to stop drinking soda. That is all well and good, but they fail to grasp the true meaning.
As far as it being the first day in March, it is forty degrees in the shade today. Foggy and wet, but at least not freezing! I'm waiting for my Nike Plus to come in (anyone else with an APO having sloooow mail lately?!) so maybe I'll get motivated to run more than a mile. The grass is back, and as my husband said, Spring is in the air today! It'd be nice to have a yard to sit outside and grill with friends, which brings me to my next point: We can get back on the housing list, so I think I'll call on Monday! The housing ladies scare me, but I'll do my best not to be intimidated.
Oh, and my bread did rise, and I made one loaf with cinnamon and sugar that my awesome hubby made into french toast for breakfast this morning.
It's late afternoon here and I'm trying to patiently wait for the right time to call my mom. The time difference is annoying on the weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment