Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturdays without Wal-Mart


Today we are sitting around, being kinda lazy, as it is okay to do on a Saturday. We went to the PX earlier and wandered around, and we came out of there having bought NOTHING! It seems we've seen it all before, last Saturday. It's a good way to save money, I guess! Sometimes you just want to go buy some crap at Wal-Mart.
I'm letting my bread rise at the moment. Well, I really hope it's rising. I haven't exactly mastered the art of bread-making yet, but at least I try..
It's very cloudy and foggy here today, but Spring might just be on it's way- all the snow has almost melted away. Ted says he saw pictures and it is much prettier here when everything is green. Maybe we'll find more things to do when it gets warmer. I've heard there are great outdoor markets.
I've been reading the works of Jack London- I started with the Call of the Wild, after hearing Chris in the morning quote it on an episode of Northern Exposure (my new favorite show). I liked it, though it was much shorter than I expected. I have since moved on to White Fang, but probably won't read the rest in the collection. They are all kind of similar.
My sewing projects have been put on hold for a couple days until I get to feeling better. I'm in no hurry to finish anything, anyway. Our battalion is trying to have a flea market/ craft show, and I've thought of making a few things for that, but I don't think I have anything figured out well enough that other people would want it. So for now I'll just continue to make things for myself.
When I started to make this post I had visions of writing witty, hilarious things...but I guess I'm not in the right frame of mind for that. I don't really write anything any more. Must be getting out of practice. It used to be something I really enjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley - this is a wonderful idea! And don't feel like you need to be witty and clever for me, I like you just the way you are. Oh, that IS witting and clever! :) I'm going to forward this blog on to mom and dad too, I know they'll enjoy it. And good luck with those mean housing ladies, how rude! Just kill 'em with kindness, maybe that'll work?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be "witty" and clever...I'm tired. And I love Northern Exposure too! We went to Seattle in '92, during the height of the show and we SAW Chris (John Corbin?) crossing the street with one of the show directors and we watched him do his show, we were able to stand outside the window. It was a beautiful little town, Roslyn, Washington.

    ReplyDelete