Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Morning, America

As you can see, I've been borrowing pictures from my collection that a lot of you have seen before. But it's only right that a post have a picture. People want something to look at, for pete's sake. So I give the people what they want. This picture (it is Ted riding Tony's 4-wheeler by the pond) is in honor of the fact that my husband has declared he wants a four-wheeler this Spring. I think mainly because he is dying to drive it on the roads (perfectly legal here). Must be a man thing. I could care less about driving a four-wheeler down the road, much less to town, but I guess that's the difference between him and I. I'm sure one of these days I'll be posting a pic of our new four-wheeler. Stay tuned.
I didn't post last night because I was tired. I had a nice day out of the house. My friend came to pick me up and we went shopping and did lunch in Weiden. We're going to save our money and go back to buy some Spring clothes- there's some really cute stuff out at H&M! Then, we decided to go running together, which actually turned out great. We got a fabulous workout, and it turns out she runs at the same pace as me, so I have a new running partner! I'm really excited about that. We're going to run the Fun Run on post together next month.
Ted made us hot ham and cheese sandwiches when we got home, and at the last minute we decided to hold the ham. So I guess we had grilled cheese. Still quite good. We got Northern Exposure Season 4 yesterday afternooon, so we're ready to rock. I think that's the last season they have, but I'm not sure.
Today I'm going to pick my quilt back up. I only have 8 blocks left to sew (the last row), and then I need to start actually quiliting! I'll post a pic when I get the top pieced. I'm quite proud of it. It really kicked into gear when I got a sewing machine. Right now I can hear birds chirping outside the window! They only just started that this week. It sounds so nice! I'm going to go out for a walk again today, but I'll probably go ahead and bring my cell phone, a compass, a map, fire starters, a change of clothes, and a sleeping bag. Just in case. I'm only kidding- except for the cell phone. You never know when you have to drag your husband away from his office because you've gotten lost again. That hasn't happened before, but I'm not going to say it won't. I like to wander, and see the new things I can find in the area. I keep walking up to the neighboring town to see if they ever let their cows out of the barn, but they don't. I feel sorry for those cows. They NEVER move out of their stalls. They look happy, though. I guess their only job is to make milk- they don't need to be wandering around happily chewing on grass. Someday when I have cows they will only have to go inside if they want to. Interesting- I put on italics and now I can't make it stop. Sorry, folks. Okay, back in business. Anyways, in case you're curious, yes, someday I will have cows, mark my words. Even if we retire out of the military, I won't be that old, and we'll trot our happy little selves on home to Iowa and get some animals! Ted wants pigs, but I'm not sure about that one. I'm not too fond of them- they are loud, they stink, they give off a deadly gas... We'll just have to see.
That's enough for today. I've only just started my day, so I can only say so much. Happy Thursday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment