Hello all. I'm finally getting around to spending some time on the internet. I just finished my Cheerios for supper, and I'm waiting for Ted to call so I can go pick him up. He had a mission a couple hours away today. I'm sure he'll be hungry as a bear when he gets home. They've been stuck in a stau (traffic jam) for a looong time.
This week has been going pretty well. I'm on orders from my unit, so I keep pretty busy during the day. My last day is going to be Sunday. Then it's business as usual. Ha. But anyway, Ted and I have been playing tag with the car--the other morning he had to be in really early, so it's 5 a.m. and I'm supposed to drive him. I get in the car, pull out of the driveway, drive a block, and realize that I can't see anything. I forgot to put on glasses or contacts. I was terrified to even drive the rest of the way back to the house. I'm pretty blind, so it's amazing that I would forget something like that. I must've walked down to the car with my eyes closed.
The weather here turned out to be pretty decent. This afternoon it started snowing like crazy. It looked like a joke. The sun was shining and then five minutes later, it was snowing big fat flakes. Then it was sunny again by the time it was time to go home. Sounds like Iowa, huh? I went for a run this evening. I had bought a Nike + for my iPod and was soo excited to get it and start using it. It finally came, like a month later, and I tried to use it tonight, and it's not compatible with my ipod! Only the smaller ones. Even though the reciever fits. I was mad. So I decided to forgo the iPod completely and head out for a run. I went the same route Ted took me on the other day, and had a minor revelation. Without my iPod, I can pay attention to the run. I breathed better, I paced myself better, and I could talk myself into a more positive frame of mind. I always used the iPod as a distraction from a much-hated run- but maybe it wasn't helping me at all! You can never tell from just one run, but regardless, it went well tonight.
You can tell I'm rambling. I can't quite get my thoughts together tonight. My body doesn't run on 6 hours of sleep as well as Ted's (or maybe I just don't drink as much coffee!!). Time to go hang my clothes up around the house. I got a replacement dryer last week, and it's BROKEN. Ted took it apart to see if he could slip the belt back on, but it's snapped in half. So, I can't get a new one until next Tuesday. Guess we're saving money on the power bill this month!
Ted just called for me to come pick him up. Hope you are all doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment