Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wii!

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all sleeping well as I type this. I don't usually blog in the mornings, but it's been a few days, so I got myself a cup of coffee and decided to send out an update.
This week seems to have slipped right by. Ted had to work on some soldier issues till late last night, but I had beef burgers (so easy, and one of his favorites!!) waiting for him when he got home. We spent the rest of the night entertaining ourselves with our new toy: Wii! Ted has tennis elbow, and I like to pretend my hand-eye coordination is improving. It came with Wii sports- which has bowling, tennis, baseball, golf, and boxing. I bought Wii Play,too, because we needed a second remote. Ted doesn't like it as much, but I enjoy the cow race and the fishing. I want to buy the Wii Fit, too, but they aren't selling it at the PX right now, so I'm going to wait on that.


Me Wii Golfing-- excuse the outfit. It's bed time. And Ted's pants are more comfy than mine :0).



Ted's Mii (wii character)


Ted golfing. I should have gotten him boxing-- I was doing dishes and I kept having to go in to "check out his new moves." He's actually pretty good!

Tonight I'm going to the Senior Spouses' Coffee at my friend Tracy's house. She's got some good food planned for us, so I'm excited. Her husband, Joe, and their dog Bear, are going to come hang out with Ted. I think Ted is looking forward to some actual competition on Wii. Then tomorrow night we have a Leaders' dinner with Ted's company, so we're getting out and about a bit this week.
The weather has been awful all week. In the low thirties with snow and rain. Luckily the snow hasn't been sticking to the ground. Still, I'm ready for Spring to make it's grand appearance, as I'm sure you all are.

The view from our kitchen hatch. This was the day it hailed all day, before it started snowing all day.

Well, I suppose I should get something done this morning. It's Thursday and I haven't done the Monday house cleaning yet!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE our Wii... although we haven't played since Cash's arrival... I bought Brandon Guitar Hero for Christmas which he loves but I prefer bowling & Tennis!! so fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What other games are good?? The ones at the px seem geared for small children (i.e. horse stable and barbie sleepover). We have guitar hero for playstation so I didn't get that.... I really want Wii Fit...have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics and glad you are having some fun!

    ReplyDelete