Thursday, March 26, 2009

Proclamation to Pray and Fast

I just received an email from the chaplain of the church Ted and I go to. The Chief of Chaplains has proclaimed 08 April 2009 to be a day of prayer and fasting. Our chaplain says this is the first time he has ever seen a Chief of Chaplains declare such a day. His hope is that "The united cry of our Corps will be heard and answered regarding the protection, preservation, and peace for our Soldiers and Families." The decision has been made that our forces are stressed, and the rise of suicide rates has been substantial. We have witnessed this to be true right here on our own post, and many soldiers are experiencing depression and other personal trials. Therefore, spiritual support is needed. I know that you will not be able to attend a prayer service at an Army chapel, but just the same, please keep soldiers everywhere close to your heart on this day, and lift them to the Lord as often as you think of them. Also say a special prayer for those soldiers who fall under Ted's leadership-- that if they are going through times of need, they will find comfort; that in lonely times, they will find a friend; that when all hope is lost, they will find Jesus.
I will send out a reminder on 8 April when I wake up. Thank you for keeping those who serve on your prayer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment