

The view from the guest room window
Well, we finally got some relief from the gloom tonight as the sun set. It seems crazy that it was still light out so late, but we are just going through Daylight Savings today, so it takes a little adjustment. That also means we are back to being 7 hours time difference from you all.
We didn't have too eventful a weekend, which isn't all bad. Friday night we had dinner at an excellent Italian restaurant with some people from Ted's company. Saturday I was quite bored so we went to town to get a haircut for Ted and I tried to do some shopping. It was too busy though, and I gave up. Ted spent the rest of the evening preparing a class for work, and I layed on the floor bored to tears. I'm sure there were lots of things I could have occupied myself with, but at the time, none of them were appealing to me. You know how it is sometimes. This morning we went to church and then got groceries, and we've been here ever since. I had bought white bread at the commissary last week because they were out of wheat bread (how you run out of every single brand of wheat bread, I don't know) and neither one of us really likes it. So we still had a whole loaf this week, and I decided we should feed it to the ducks. I got Ted to go with me, and we walked all the way to the pond and there wasn't a duck in sight. I don't know where they went, but they made a fool of me! I'm going to hang on to the bread a couple more days. Maybe they'll come back.
My grandma is doing well after her surgery. She is up and walking around her room today, and they took out the post-surgery drainage tubes, which lifted her spirits a lot. She will probably go home Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your prayers!
In other family news, my little sister Liz did really well in a hippology (horse stuff) competition at Iowa State. She gets to go with her team to Denver to compete next January. Good job, girls!
Other than that, I can't say that I know too much else. I should finish putting away laundry and then I'll probably call it a night.
We didn't have too eventful a weekend, which isn't all bad. Friday night we had dinner at an excellent Italian restaurant with some people from Ted's company. Saturday I was quite bored so we went to town to get a haircut for Ted and I tried to do some shopping. It was too busy though, and I gave up. Ted spent the rest of the evening preparing a class for work, and I layed on the floor bored to tears. I'm sure there were lots of things I could have occupied myself with, but at the time, none of them were appealing to me. You know how it is sometimes. This morning we went to church and then got groceries, and we've been here ever since. I had bought white bread at the commissary last week because they were out of wheat bread (how you run out of every single brand of wheat bread, I don't know) and neither one of us really likes it. So we still had a whole loaf this week, and I decided we should feed it to the ducks. I got Ted to go with me, and we walked all the way to the pond and there wasn't a duck in sight. I don't know where they went, but they made a fool of me! I'm going to hang on to the bread a couple more days. Maybe they'll come back.
My grandma is doing well after her surgery. She is up and walking around her room today, and they took out the post-surgery drainage tubes, which lifted her spirits a lot. She will probably go home Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for your prayers!
In other family news, my little sister Liz did really well in a hippology (horse stuff) competition at Iowa State. She gets to go with her team to Denver to compete next January. Good job, girls!
Other than that, I can't say that I know too much else. I should finish putting away laundry and then I'll probably call it a night.
Fabulous sunset!! I love your pictures. can I say that too much?!?!? Hope Monday brings an air of excitement to it! Love you!
ReplyDelete