Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My clothes shrunk while they were in the attic!

Well, everyone, I just finished with my bright idea for the day. Yesterday was warm and sunny, I've been working out some, eating a leeetle bit better, and the scale showed a few pounds lower.... so I thought I'd get my box of Spring/Summer clothes down from the attic and try everything on. As you can probably guess from the post title, I didn't have such wonderful results. Seriously, ladies, bad idea. Unless you actually lost all your winter weight by the 21st of March- then by all means, go for it. My living room is now a whirlwind of dresses, tank tops, shorts, and capris... with a HUGE pile of "I never want to see this agains." Of course, there's the evil full-length mirror leaning against the wall, just to make sure I could see every angle during my personal fashion nightmare. The sandals and high heels have passed my scrutiny and made it into the "keep" pile, along with a few of the more forgiving dresses, but the rest have seen their last days in my house. I'd rather wear a bikini in public than go out in that pair of white capris. I don't know how this mess is going to get cleaned up, either. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the whole lot. Ted has it easy-- swap out the pile of flannel shirts with the pile of t-shirts. Done. No questions asked.
The weather has been better this week, though, and I couldn't be more grateful for it. I've finally gotten outside! I got to air out the house, too, which was nice. Everywhere you look, people are gardening in their yards, and some flowers have already bloomed in the last two days. Today is only 50 degrees and cloudy, but at least it's not raining!


Finally getting to air out the house. I set out my houseplants so they could enjoy the day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment