Monday, April 6, 2009

Lions, Tigers, and Bears..Oh My!

We've had quite an eventful weekend. Friday we went to Nuremburg to the Tiergarten (zoo) with Joe, Tracy, Jennifer, Jason, and their kids Maggie and Liam. The weather was perfect, and warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirts. The zoo was....interesting. I must be spoiled by the Omaha Zoo, because no one else seemed to think it wasn't up to par.... The animals were all "krank," which means sick in German. There were signs on lots of the exhibits showing a sad-faced animal with a thermometer hanging out of his mouth. There was one bear who may or may not have been alive. The water was all scummy, and it was dirty in the exhibits... I never even saw any snakes or alligators. My favorites. Just because I'm terrified of them doesn't mean I don't want to ogle them with plate glass between us. It was still a great day because we were with good company and it was nice to be outside.
Saturday Ted and I went to Amberg. He dropped me off in the shopping district and went to hunt for a four-wheeler. I came out with a new skirt and top, and he got a new four-wheeler. It's brand new, still in the package. He's allowed to pick it up on Wednesday, but we've run into a few insurance and registration issues and probably won't get it that soon. Since quads are street-legal here, American insurance companies don't want anything to do with it. But, he'll be on his shiny new toy soon enough.
Ted also got some paint at the Home Depot Equivalent (I don't even know how to spell the name) to repaint his computer desk. It was very expensive, and really globby and sticky. When he first started painting I was afraid he'd really regret it. It turned out just fine, and now it's not a coffee-stained mess.

Sunday we had some couples over to have snacks and play games. We had a great time playing Clue and Pictionary. The new Clue game has new rules and additional cards... we aren't sure how we feel about that. Ted was of course "murdered" by the killer before the game was even over, so he probably doesn't like the new rules. Pictionary was hilarious....we played girls against guys and of course we girls kicked butt. We'll definitely have to do it again sometime.

The guys trying to move in for the win

Come on! How can you not get that?! The girls win!

Am I forgetting anything? Probably. I'll upload some pictures in here, but they aren't very good quality because my camera quit working and the video camera doesn't take very good stills. Ted got us Photoshop, but pretty much the same day my Kodak stopped focusing. We are in the market for a new camera- I just have to decide which one I want. I'm very excited to start playing on Photoshop!
That's all, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment