Monday, April 20, 2009

Working Girl

Well folks, I finally caught my big break. I accepted a job offer today for the administrative assistant position at the CDC. 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. I'm going in tomorrow to fill out some paperwork, then I guess we'll talk about when I start. I know I have to go to some training first, just basic stuff about dealing with kids (from the front desk, luckily) and passing out medicine and stuff like that. So that's my big news for today!
The rest is really no news at all. I did the housecleaning, and brought all the winter sweaters up to the attic. Went for a run this evening, and that's about it. Ted got caught up at work. I'm hoping he might make it home before ten, but I'm not sure if he can. Poor guy. I'm glad I have a job with set hours! It's so great to say I have a job, finally. I can't believe it took so long to get a job, but I guess this time of year people are getting their orders to go back to the states. I know two girls are leaving the daycare in May, so that's why I got hired so quick. Good thing I kept after the endless applications. You never know when something will finally work out. After a while I will be switched to the 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. schedule, which is ok, too, since Ted doesn't make it home til 6 or later anyway. Somehow I feel like I will like the earlier shift better- there's so much day time left if you get off work at 2!
Tomorrow morning I have to go to the German doctor in a different city. I'm very nervous I won't be able to find it, and I keep begging Ted to bring me there, but he can't get away from work. It wouldn't be that big a deal except the way these cities are constructed, with no street signs when you need them... I don't know-- you have to see it to know what I'm talking about. We are going to bring the 4-wheeler back to the dealer before that because something isn't working right, so we'll have a cramped morning (my Dr. appt is at 9:15!) but Ted's got a plan, so I'll go with it.
Anyway, I have to find something for supper before it's too late and it turns into a giant nighttime snack. Then it just makes my hard running obsolete, doesn't it?! Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ash! Good Luck finding the dr.!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete