Maybe that's what I should have called my blog!
So there I was...happily jumping through hoops and filling out endless forms so I can get a government job. Someone buzzes the doorbell... strange. No one knows us here! Maybe it's a surprise- like flowers or something! I buzz the door and let her in, and it's a Jehovah's Witness and her son, and she hands me a little Bible thing, so I step out a bit to take it from her, and God slammed the door in my face. Actually the lady had left the door at the bottom of the stairs open, so my door at the top of the stairs (that locks upon closing) blew shut. Great. No cell phone, no keys, no windows to crawl through.. please let someone be home downstairs! The landlord's son was home, but if he speaks English he pretends not to, so the Jehovah's Witness translated for me. Karl had the key, but lucky for me he would be home in ten minutes. Otherwise I would have sat outside until Ted came home tonight, or attempted to climb up the balcony, depending on how desperate I got. Note to self: when the doorbell rings, just keep working. Or at least prop open the door.
In the afternoon I made some apple bread, and it is REALLY good except in the middle it is still a bit gooey. Since I have to guess on the oven temp, I was worried about over-baking it, and my toothpick came out clean...I'm not sure what the solution would be. Ted didn't get home from work until about 8, and I had already eaten, so Ted made cream of potato soup (from a can). Gag!! I had bought it for a recipe that I didn't end up making. He said it tasted fine. Easy to please!
Today is the Easter BBQ at the company. They are having it out at the lake, and there will be games and an egg hunt for the kids. Ted told me to bring my Easter basket, but I don't think I will. This might be the first year I haven't participated in the Easter egg hunt at Aunt LeeLee's. That's the rule- once you get married, you don't have to hunt eggs anymore! Although I did love the candy... For some reason I don't remember having the Easter egg hunt last year, and I don't think we had it at Aunt Lee Lee's. My memory is awful! We don't have any plans for Easter, although we are going to a sunrise service they are having on post. It will be out at the lake at 7am (that's when the sun has been rising here) and I think it will be neat.
Well, the sun is shining, Ted will be home from work early for the BBQ, and I think it's going to be a great day! I haven't gotten a camera yet, but I'm thinking Nikon. I'll bring the video camera in the car in case there's something good to take pictures of at the BBQ. Oh, and Ted got German insurance for the four-wheeler yesterday, and it was only 300 euro for the whole year, much to our great relief. If his helmet is in the mailbox today, we will probably go pick up the four wheeler this afternoon, because German stores will be closed Friday-Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment