Well, I've done it now. I broke the shower. I was cleaning up in the kitchen, waiting for Ted to get home, when the landlord came banging on my door. I had just taken a shower (Tracy and I ran three miles this afternoon--hooray!) and apparently water leaked down into their office. And yes, it is my fault...but it was an innocent mistake. A month or two ago I decided to clean out the drain, so I went to Ted's tool box, got me a screw driver, and lifted up that metal thing. After I had it all nice and clean, I couldn't quite figure out how to put it back, so I just put it back. I don't have any fears of getting sucked down the drain, so I didn't see how it could hurt anything. Apparently it does. Luckily it didn't start leaking till today, but I guess since the screw didn't get back in the hole, water is where it shouldn't be. Oops. Karl (the landlord) wants it to dry out, so we are supposed to use the bathtub for now. It has one of those spray nozzles, and Ted said he would just shower in the tub. Okaaaay. I could probably take a shower at the same time, just by standing across the room.
Next time I won't bother cleaning anything.
Ted is sleeping on the couch next to me. He fell asleep at like eight while we were watching NYPD Blue. Usually that's my thing- take a little nap during tv shows. He had a rough day at the office. Tomorrow will be a hard day for him, too. Thursday can't come quick enough! Hopefully he can pick up the 4-wheeler then, because all German places will be closed from Friday through Monday for Easter. I'll post pics of his new toy when he gets it home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goodness the bathtub - hope it doesn't take too long. must be quite the place :-)
ReplyDeleteWe're still shower-free today. Ted had to shower at work this morning, mainly because he had a meeting early after PT, but I think he just doesn't want to use the tub. I don't blame him!
ReplyDelete