Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I hope you all are having a great day, celebrating Easter and enjoying time with family. We had a very nice day, but we can't believe the weekend is over already!! This morning we went to the sunrise service at 7. It was very pretty, and the service was nice, but it was COLD! We could all see our breaths when we sang the hymns. Ted made us biscuits and gravy when we got home, and we lounged around a while. We had ribs that Ted "smoked" on the grill and I made some twice-baked potatoes for our Easter lunch. This afternoon it warmed up quite a bit, so I sat out on the balcony in the sun and read a book while Ted cleaned out the car. Since we don't have a yard for him to putter around in, he cleans/washes/waxes/vacuums the car on the weekends. It looks nice! We went for a walk this evening, and now we're just relaxing. It was truly a great day. We miss celebrating Easter at home of course, and miss you all.
Easter in Germany is interesting. Friday a bunch of kids rang the door bell and Karl answered. They sang him some kind of little song, and he gave them a bunch of Easter candy. Like trick-or-treating. Not sure what that's about.... Also, the church bell rang nonstop all morning. I do feel this morning is a significant morning, and we should all be reflecting and remembering and celebrating that He is risen...but wow, it's hard to concentrate after five hours of bell-ringing!
I suppose I'll sign off for now. Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment