Thursday, April 9, 2009

Never make plans if you live in Army world

Well, nothing that I said was going to happen today did... Ted got out of work at 11 a.m.... You can imagine my excitement when he told me that!! I was trying on cute spring things to wear to the BBQ and all... then he told me he had a lunch he was supposed to be at but forgot about. So he went to that, and then he told me not to worry about coming to the BBQ because he just got told he had a meeting at 4. But he would still come home and hang out in between. Okay, no big deal. Then at like 1 he texted and said he couldn't come home because his soldiers wrecked a big piece of equipment on the autobahn (no one was hurt-- just the equipment) so he would stay in town. OK. Then at three he called and said he was going with the wrecker to pick up the piece of equipment. Which was three hours away. At like 8:30 he said he should be back in three hours. I really need to convince Karl to let me have my cat. I'm tired of eating dinner alone! So, needless to say, no four wheeler until at least Tuesday (though his helmet did come today).
Some positives about eating dinner and hanging out alone:
1. I eat whatever I want. Buttered macaroni? Cereal? Hershey's kisses? Okay!
2. I eat dinner whenever I want. Is it only 5:00? So what?
3. If something smells horribly burnt in the kitchen I'm the only one who knows about it (we won't be using that burner again for the duration of our time here).
4. Oh who am I kidding. Husband, come home! :0)
Even though today had some frustrations, it was still a great day. It was warm and sunshiny, and I went for a nice walk. I was lolly-gagging along by a little river, and thinking to myself about how it would be if I got bit by a snake and couldn't make it out where someone could see me. Literally ten seconds later, I stumbled upon a snake. I screamed and ran like a little girl. I couldn't even look back because I was certain it was following me. Needless to say I won't be walking down that nice little path ever again. Ted told me once that there are very poisonous vipers in Germany that kill you within seconds. He said no one ever sees them, but I plan to play it safe.
I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I hope the weather is just as wonderful! I plan on buying some lawn chairs for our balcony this weekend. I think I can fit at least one out there, and then I can sit out there and sip my coffee like they do in the movies.
Hope you're all doing well today. I better get down to some serious TV watching.

1 comment: