Today was at least 50 degrees! I went for a walk that turned into some kind of marathon, simply because I have no sense of direction. I took a new road that I hadn't been on before, and assumed it looped around into one that I had taken numerous times. Every hill I crested, I thought sure I would be running into that familiar road at any time. Finally I came to a town I've never heard of, and a road I'd never seen, and realized I better turn around and go back the way I had come, lest I never see my home and my husband again. After two and a half hours, I was back home. Oh, what a walk. Feeling the warm sunshine was good for my health, though. I can hardly wait until EVERY day is like this! Ted wasn't home for dinner tonight, and I just want you to know that I grilled myself bratwurst. And they weren't even crunchy. I'm really getting the hang of this. Speaking of my husband, I hear the door now. Ciao!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
sunbeams on my shoulders
Today was at least 50 degrees! I went for a walk that turned into some kind of marathon, simply because I have no sense of direction. I took a new road that I hadn't been on before, and assumed it looped around into one that I had taken numerous times. Every hill I crested, I thought sure I would be running into that familiar road at any time. Finally I came to a town I've never heard of, and a road I'd never seen, and realized I better turn around and go back the way I had come, lest I never see my home and my husband again. After two and a half hours, I was back home. Oh, what a walk. Feeling the warm sunshine was good for my health, though. I can hardly wait until EVERY day is like this! Ted wasn't home for dinner tonight, and I just want you to know that I grilled myself bratwurst. And they weren't even crunchy. I'm really getting the hang of this. Speaking of my husband, I hear the door now. Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was quite a walk! Was there any point where you were scared?
ReplyDeleteYES! I didn't have my cell phone, and I wasn't quite sure how long I had been gone, and Ted would've had no idea which way I went, and I was starting to feel not-so-great (with this new medicine if I don't eat regularly it catches up to me). I thought I would never get back, seriously. The only vehicle that passed me was a Vespa scooter, and he came by twice. I thought if he came back again I'd jump on with him. I'm going to make Ted drive the route with me and see just how many miles it was.
ReplyDelete