As some of you know already, I was busy with drill this weekend. It really wasn't a bad time. I've become part of the S-1 office, where I do admin duties- paperwork, mostly. Friday we spent the day in Vilseck doing a rifle range simulation- Record qualification, NBC fire (firing with our gas masks on), and night fire. It's all set up so that you're firing at a big movie screen that has pop-up targets on it. The computer system records your shots and tells the operator where your shot is hitting. I'm happy to report that I did quite well in all the categories. The night fire
score might have been because the guy next to me was shooting at my blinking light instead of his own, but I'll take it. Sunday I had lots of "newcomer's" briefings, since this was my first weekend being assigned to the unit. As I was having a meeting with the First Sergeant, someone knocked on the door. A guy I haven't met yet poked his head in the door and reported that he was going off to jail for two weeks, as if he just had to run down to the store for something. The First Sergeant said, "You'll do fine, I'll come see you next week." Okaaay... Anyway, I spent the afternoon writing up awards. I'm going on orders in a couple of weeks to take over some work that the admin sergeant is leaving behind. The people at this unit are very nice. It is a small headquarters company and everyone seems to get along just fine. The 1sgt is from Wisconsin and really likes to talk to people from the midwest. I think I'll be okay here.
Ted had a nice relaxing weekend with the house to himself- something that doesn't happen too often (well, about once a month I suppose). With his busy week on the range last week he welcomed the chance to grow a couple days' worth of facial hair, play playstation, and eat cereal all day. Back to work tomorrow though; somebody's got to bring home the bacon.
All in all we had a pretty good weekend, and hope the same for all of you. Ted is telling me he would like to get a pet cougar. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A pet cougar would be grand. Name it Adolf! haha
ReplyDelete