Last night we had Ben and Jerry's for supper. I'm about to help myself to the leftovers. That about sums up my attitude right now. Sometimes you just have had about all you can take. Say a prayer for our little family stuck out here in the middle of nowhere, far away from our friends and family. Snow is in the forecast again, and everyone is on their last nerve. Morning will be here too soon, no one went to the grocery store this weekend, and the laundry is in a mountainous pile in the middle of the living room on carpet unfit for a garage. Ted has duty tomorrow that will keep him awake and in town literally all night and then has to resume work as usual the next day. He (therefore, me, too) stayed late at work every night this week. We can't catch a break!
On the other hand, things are going okay. Monday I have to return a phone call to the woman I turned in a resume to, so I'm assuming she wants me to get my background check done. I applied to work at the Child Development Center as a childcare provider. Not ideal, but it's money in the bank. I talked to a fellow soldier who works at the CDC and he relayed all kinds of horror stories about how undisciplined the children are and how they can do WHATEVER they want-- you are only allowed to offer SUGGESTIONS to them. I hope if I do get this job it's not at the expense of my sanity (however much I have). I seem to have little tolerance for unruly children, but how hard can it be to do "crowd control," as he called it. I feel bad that that's the kind of care the children are subjected to, but in a daycare that is understaffed I suppose it's all you can expect.
That's all I know for today. It's not much, but I need a day to recover to get my creative juices flowing again. :0) Tomorrow is my last day. I'll have to get around to taking and posting some more pictures, too. Sorry if I have been slow returning emails. I'll get back on it this week. Miss you all.
Oh, and Ted finished off the ice cream before I could get to it. Doesn't that figure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a dream about you kids the other night. Thinking of you and missing you!
ReplyDeleteMiss you! hope you get some ice cream today!
ReplyDelete