Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Smells better.....

First off, I need to direct your attention to this article. Go ahead, click the link... it will make you smile. Here's a little preview- "Cows are lovable companions because they're easygoing, have strong nerves and are 'unbelievably devoted' to people they like." Awwwww......

Anyway, I was out on my walk today and right away I noticed that yesterday's rain changed the entire landscape of our street:

All the trees burst into gorgeous yellow flowers! Every single house on the street has one of these trees (except us, go figure), and it smelled so fresh and wonderful! Like a dryer sheet, only the real deal! It's a vast improvement over the smells I've been wading through the last week and a half or so, the number one offender being straight-up manure. It drifts through the open windows, it assaults you on the street....it's everywhere! Usually I don't really mind the smell, but the other day I was walking along a trail that borders a field, and I think I got sprayed. It's time for springtime manure spreading around here, and I don't believe the farmers knife it in or inject it the way most everyone does back home (to avoid nutrient loss, not to spare your nostrils!). I could actually see the stuff being sprayed on the field, and while it's not like I got wet or anything.....that stink was ON me! Enough that I showered and washed those clothes pretty quick after my walk. Probably should have brushed my teeth, too. ;) Needless to say, the floral aromas in the streets and wooded areas today are like a breath of FRESH air.

Short post today....it's already Random Photo time:

Oh, I got a video this time! Well, why not! Please ignore my goobery rolled up sweatpants. I didn't know I was going public that day. Also, turn your volume down, because at the end the dogs start cheering for me quite loudly.



So, do YOU believe in water dowsing?? I do believe the rods cross when they find water, and they crossed consistently in places where it would be sensible to have a water / septic line from the house.... So if you need a well dug, just give me a ring. ;)

P.S. I just logged back in and the video upload quality is not-so-hot and you can't really see what I'm doing the way you can on my computer.....so I guess you really will have to invite me over, and for a nominal fee I'll...... just kidding. Have a nice day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the flowering trees! and the cow article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This why I can't eat cows. You can see their souls in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete