Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Good Mooooorning!

I have to start out by showing you this video, because some of you haven't seen the movie Anchorman.



Ha.... Anyway, the other day I got a new T-shirt, thanks to my loving and thoughtful husband- it's a long-sleeved t-shirt, which I adore... He must have noticed that I've been wearing HIS long-sleeves for the last two weeks and decided I should have one of my own! Or maybe I was embarrassing him by continually wearing over-sized clothes in public, but either way, I got a new shirt (in my own size!) that I haven't taken off in several days.

Later that night, as we were in bed reading, I had to admit to Ted that I didn't really get what the shirt was trying to say.


I asked him," Do they mean DID you do it yourself? Do you WANT to do it yourself? CAN you do it yourself? PLEASE do it yourself?" Without even looking up from his book, which is called Differentials (the man reads car manuals for pleasure- one of those things I find endearing about him but will never understand), Ted says, "I'm Ron Burgundy?"

Haahaaaaaaaa! I burst into a giggle fit for like fifteen minutes. His quick-witted sense of humor is one of his best qualities, wouldn't you say!?

If Rockauto.com ever sees this, I suggest you make it an exclamation point. Do It Yourself!

RockAuto has become a bit of an institution at our house. Ted has become well-known around these parts as the man who can fix your car or TEACH you to fix your car, and he's done numerous jobs on our own vehicles as well. Somehow I have started to enjoy these parts orders too, simply because they send a free magnet with every order! I get all excited to rip into the box and see if it's a new magnet or one we already have. I know. it's weird. Then I hang them up on the fridge to showcase....I don't know what, really.

All the new and original magnets get the honor of the FRONT of the fridge.....

All the duplicates (and unfortunately, Christmas cards, since it's April now) have been relegated to the SIDE of the fridge. Yes. RockAuto magnets are a big deal at our house.

Since I've already talked so much about Ted, I have one more story to share. Monday morning, Ted came to my "office" where I was doing my "dailies"- you know, checking emails and Facebook and blogs, and his shirt was ridiculously short. He wanted to know if maybe my t-shirts got mixed up and put away in his closet. It was his, so he went to go find a new one that could at least be tucked into his pants. After he had already left for work, I went through the house to pick up random items and put them away, and I came across this:

Another endearing quality I will never understand: the need to rip off the offending piece of clothing, Hulk-style. I used to think this little ritual was mostly for my benefit- last time he had a pair of jeans that ripped out completely, so he grabbed ahold and shredded them until he was wearing a hula skirt made of denim. And yes, I laughed my little heart out. Now I know he does it for himself, because I completely missed this last episode of Ted the Hulk!
Women: gently take off a piece of too-small, too-tight clothing and set it aside for the rag-bag. Men: The Hulk. Keeps life interesting!

Oh, I want to show you my new flip-flops:

I snagged the brown ones last year from Bass Pro Shops in Altoona, and when I saw the black pair yesterday I didn't even think twice- I had to have 'em! Some say flip-flops are not fashionable....I say, I don't care!

Okay, I need to get out of the house for some fresh air! One thing I have barely learned to tolerate in this country (among many things) is the fact that the stores don't open until late morning! I can't remember if the PX opens at 10 or 10:30, but I get up at 5:30 with Ted and when there's things on my to-do list, I want to do them NOW! I miss Wal-Mart dearly. One of the things I need to pick up today is a birthday card for a certain someone....(Tony's birthday is coming up, but you didn't hear that from me! ;)

So anyway, off to kill some time before I can do my shopping. Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Teb. We need Uncle TJ home stat! He learned that little trick from his dad, BTW. I'm guessing he did the Hulk face even though you weren't there to see it.

    ReplyDelete