Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good Morning! I'm writing this BEFORE I go in to work! I enjoy being an early bird. :)

So the other day, when I posted the frog videos? After I posted that, I went back out for a walk to photograph the yellow flowers I had really been after in the first place. I got just a block away, when I saw something I wanted to take a picture of, but my camera was as dead as a doornail. I turned around and walked back home, realized I didn't have any extra camera batteries, and decided to go to town and get some (I had to go to the library and check the mail anyway). No sooner had I pulled out of my driveway than it started to rain. As soon as I got to the library, it started to HAIL. Violently. I was sitting in my car texting Ted to go look out the door because I had never seen anything like it. The hail wasn't big, but it was coming down in a fury. It covered all the streets, piled up on the cars, and made quite a scene. Oh, and it was lightning, too! If my camera batteries hadn't been dead, I would have been at least thirty minutes away from my house wandering around in a field. Phew, dodged a bullet there!

This was after I had already gone to the PX and got new batteries, so it had already had a chance to melt some.

By the way, next time I'm in the market for a camera, I won't buy one that can't be charged via a wall outlet. Batteries are really annoying.

Anyway, after the hail, the sun came back out, so I went back outside to grab a picture of the beach I found!


Sand and everything! The day I first found it the temps were pretty high and school was out for Spring break- the sandy area was full of teenagers and a gang of boys on four-wheelers. IF I got there on a warm sunny day when no one else was around, I might just lay out a towel and soak it up!

I was walking back from the beach, and I went to go through a pasture that I had just gone through two days before, but it was fenced off (previously it was just an open area). I looked up, and a couple of calves were looking back at me!


Well, hello, Cutie Pies! They looked downright content to be sunning themselves in a field of dandelions! I couldn't figure out what two (beef!) cows were doing out by themselves. It's very rare to see any cattle outside in this area, and this is the first time I've seen it in our neck of the woods. I kept on walking towards home, and on the other side of the ridge, I was surprised to see a whole herd!

I'm so excited. I went back again yesterday, and a couple of them came right up to see me. I'm not sure yet if it was because they felt I was threatening their babies, or if they were actually curious. My guess is the farmer put these mamas out to fatten them up on Spring grass, because they are looking pretttty lean and judging by their poop, I'd say not all that healthy. Not that you care....sometimes I tend to over-share. ;)

Oh, Ted got a buffer this weekend! He got busy on the truck, because if the clear-coat got messed up on that it wouldn't be quite so serious. Turns out he had no need to worry- he's a natural! The truck looks great after several go-rounds. I don't think Ted could feel his hands when it was all said and done!



While he was working on the truck, I went for an afternoon run. For years I've been using an iPod holder that clips to my shorts, but recently it has lost it's grip and my iPod has gone plunging to the ground on several occasions. It finally gave out completely in the middle of one of my runs, and I swear I'm not a litterbug, but I threw the stupid thing in a field. I was just so mad at it. I hate having to carry the dumb iPod in my hands- I need both hands free to tug at my shorts and pick buggers. I didn't find a new case at the PX so I tried the next best thing:


Duct Tape! It even matches my iPod. It held for the whole run, but since then I've been forcing myself to just carry the iPod. I'm probably going to get online and order a new workout holder for it soon.... but at least I have options.

Okay that's enough for today.... I need to get out the door. Have a great day!

As you can tell, it is now AFTER work. Even being an early bird is no match for how long it takes to upload pictures to blogger. Oh well, better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment