Monday, April 18, 2011

Flutterby

I worked this weekend (finally, right?). See:

You'll have to click the pic to make it big to see me- sorry, it's the best I could do!

There I am (in Ted's fleece, which is why I look like a pudgy-pudge)- the look of consternation is because I was trying to find my ten runners among the 53 people on the track (I was grading a PT test). When I showed Ted the pic, though, he said I always have that look of consternation. Hmmmm.... ;)
Saturday I took MY last PT test EVER! That felt good! Tomorrow I have an appointment to turn in all my Army gear and some random issued items I've been dragging around since Basic Training, because, well, the end is in sight!

I had intended to get all my gear cleaned, sorted, and packed up today, but after a few days of rain and a couple in the office, the beautiful weather proved to be irresistible! I left the bed unmade and the dishes undone and went for a long (but sloooow) wander in the woods.

I walked this way today. This made me think of the Hundred Acre Woods, which made me think of Winnie the Pooh, which makes me giggle because when I was watching Kristof the other day I heard a German commercial and they call him Winnie Pooh (no "the") and that's just funny.

These are sooo cool! I was just tickled pink to come across them.


They're like a strand of Nature's Christmas lights! Only...they don't light up. Well, you know what I mean. They're a strand, at least.

Once I came out of the woods, I noticed lots of moths drinking a brunch of dandelion juice.... So maybe they aren't butterflies, but either way I think they're gorgeous!










Pretty, even if a little furry. :)

I've got a few things to wrap up before I hop in bed (when the sun goes down, so do my eyelids!), so I better get to work. 'Bye!

2 comments:

  1. you make me proud! I love your pictures and your appreciation of nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're blogging regularly again. You're my favorite author!

    ReplyDelete