Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers.....

.....bring May flowers. I know. Still, I can't help but be a little glum about the raindrops that have been pinging on my window all morning. It's a run day for me, and I just don't enjoy running in the rain. That means I'll be taking my Fivefingers to the treadmill for the first time! They're a little grubby from "off-roading"- maybe I should clean up my "bare feet" before taking them to town. ;) I'm a little disappointed to miss out on my usual trail run, but so it goes.

Remember the other day, when the random photo was of the curly cows? Well, I went back to visit them. I generally don't like to drive to my running or walking place, because then I have to do the dreaded "key clutch" the whole time I'm working out. Knowing me, one of these days I'll drop the whole set somewhere along the way and not even realize it. I learned my lesson the hard way, though, after my purse- actually a very nice Fossil purse of my mom's that I was borrowing- got stolen from Fifield Park. I went rollerblading on the trail there and thought that if I tucked everything under the seat, nobody would bother it. Wrong! I wish they had taken everything else and at least left that pretty purse. It took me a long time to religiously lock my car doors. Another time my cell phone and CD case got stolen from my car while I was at church! At CHURCH! Those hoodlums. Those things actually got returned to me- The cops called the "home" number from the address book in my cell phone. The person who took my stuff got caught for something else, so I got my property back that time. I do lock my car now, in case you're wondering.

So back to the original story- I made a concession and drove to workout this time because I wanted to say hi to the curly cows. It's actually a really nice drive over there- all farm roads and fields and "girls" in open-sided barns. There are quite a few dairies around here, and whenever I spot a barn full of cows, I fondly refer to them as "the girls." Which, they are! I'm trying to work out a way to get myself inside so I can pet their baldy heads, but I'm terribly afraid of the German farmers. Hmmmm.

Oh yes, the drive over to the curly cows-

This is approximately the spot two summers ago where I tearfully decided I did not care to learn to drive a stick shift anymore, or ever again. Just thought you'd like to know.

Yes, it looks straight here, and I can do straight, but there's hills and stop signs at either end that drove me into a panic trying to remember what I was supposed to do to stop. Coordination is really not my thing. Don't judge me....there's other things I'm good at....right? Besides, it's safer for everyone if I just use my brainpower to watch the road.

So, the curly cows. I got there, and they were gone! Their pasture was open and a tractor was making its rounds. I looked in all the adjacent pastures too. No evidence that curly cows ever lived there! Maybe they make for good supper? At least I got a good forty-minute workout in- with new scenery, to boot!


I know you can't tell, but my t-shirt and sweatshirt are the same colors as my shoes. I didn't even do it on purpose! I'm also doing that dreaded key-clutch. To the left of me is the pasture where the curlies once lived. There's definitely a berm built up along the fenceline- maybe curlies are particularly aggressive? Now I'll probably never know.

Now that the curly saga is finally over- random photo time!

Ha! This is from a medieval dinner we went to with some friends. We literally only knew four people there. At one point, the hosts randomly chose people to get up and do a special dance together. You can see that Ted is really thrilled about it. ;)

Okay, I'll just show you the next couple of pictures too. The uncomfortable look on Ted's face makes me grin. He's such a cutie. Each lady was supposed to turn their head and look at their partner over their shoulder- obviously the lady in pink had just enough to drink that she forgot "left" and "right."

Okay, last one. At this point the ladies were supposed to drape their legs over the guys' shoulders. Someone tell me, why does that lady look so horrified at the prospect of touching my husband? I think I'm offended. I just didn't know it at the time because that's MY bare leg on that giant of a man three people down. I remember being terrified that he was going to have to lift me up or something, which could possibly result in some kind of medical emergency on his part. Ah, good times.

Have a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment