Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Guest Photographer

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I hope you are all happily scurrying about, cleaning the house, making dessert, and sending your men out on last-minute trips to Hy-Vee. Then Fareway, when he calls and says they are all out of mini-marshmallows at Hy-Vee. Then the gas station, because you called to say you need a candy bar really bad, so don't come home without one. Then the neighbor's house, because you need one more egg... Oh my. I should get started.

Yesterday afternoon I was helping Mom out with some of the pictures on her website, when I came across a few that I just had to have. Since I haven't taken any pictures myself lately, I think I'll share her work with you.

Everyone, I'd like you to meet Sam. Sam Boy was born on our farm a long time ago. He is just beautiful. I love this picture of him! His interests include eating, sleeping, eating, being handsome, eating....I think you get the idea. We like to call him "husky." That way nobody's feelings are hurt. He's probably the laziest...err...most mild-mannered horse in the pasture. Don't let that fool you though- many things could turn a lackadaisical ride through the field into a Wild West Show. Things like shadows, squirrels, pheasants, trickling water, a large rock, a fence post that has a threatening look to it.... Hey, we've all got issues.

This next series is worth a chuckle. Many of you know that my mom has graciously accepted my cat, Grover, into her home. I sent a Furminator in the mail to try and combat his excessive shedding. Here we see Grover, utterly humiliated.


Please stop. I hate this. Ooohh... get me out of heeere!

Poor Grover does not get to play outside, so he would probably try harder to escape if he wasn't very, very afraid.


Oh, not there..OW..not there, please stop, I'll do anything!

Sigh...I guess I'll take it like a man. Wait...is that...is that a BIRD? Am I OUTSIDE the window? Rrreoooww!

No comments:

Post a Comment