For Christmas this year, one of the stocking stuffers I got from Ted was the Interior Design Suite. I've been addicted since Christmas, but it's slow going for me. This program allows you to build your own house plans from the ground up- and then decorate EVERYTHING. Landscaping, siding, roofing, and all of the interior. It's so fun!! The first house I made was super small because I have no real feel for the realistic dimensions of things. So I used one of the sample floor plans they have to decorate. I actually really like this floor plan, but it wouldn't be big enough for my dream home... ;0) I thought I'd post the sceenshots of what I've been up to- ignore some of the ugly colors- I was just messing around.
First-floor plan (click each photo to enlarge):

Second-floor plan:

Front Exterior (I didn't do flowers or trees here):

Entryway:
Living:
Kitchen:


Master Bedroom:

Bedroom 1:

Bedroom 2:

See how much fun you can have? You can design EVERYTHING, all they way down to custom-drawing the trim. It took me a full day to figure this program out, and even now I think I only have a grasp on the basics. It's very addicting though- Stay tuned for my dream house, once I get this whole shebang figured out!
Ted got you that program, eh? Looks to me like somebody is getting all domesticated and such...
ReplyDeletePS- You should see if there's a boar's head option in the exterior designing option.
PSS- What is that program called? I think it's time to start working on my castle design.
That's really cool! I'm already on a decor kick. Nesting i think... I'm obsesed with etsy.com right now, have you ever checked it out?? Happy New Year!! xo
ReplyDeleteSam, It's the Punch! Interior Design Suite- from the PX. You should totally start designing your castle now.
ReplyDeleteGretchen, I have looked at Etsy, mainly when I was shopping for baby gifts for Trixie- haven't bought anything from there. I should look and see what else they have!