Tuesday, January 11, 2011

time on my hands

I had drill this weekend. It was busy. Jam-packed. No time to think or breathe (but always time to eat- for me anyway). On Monday I had a very nice, relaxing day reading, grocery shopping, and picking up the house. Not to mention a really great workout with my friend Michaela. Tuesday morning I woke before the alarm clock feeling energized and already planning my day. By 10 am...my list was done and I had time on my hands.

I decided to pick up a new hobby. We'll see if this lasts more than one day. Or two. Turns out, it's harder than it looks, considering I have absolutely no musical experience and very little rhythm (although my Wii claims I have improved).

In this picture I'm not actually doing anything. Those of you that actually PLAY the guitar, keep your comments to yourself. I'm self-teaching here. Along with a really scratchy DVD that makes me want to crush it into a million pieces because it keeps stuttering.

Here I'm actually playing a chord. The very second one I know: D7. Yes, I know I'm only supposed to be strumming the first four strings...but I was using the self timer on the camera, and that's almost harder than learning to play the guitar.

Anyway, you get the idea. Maybe when I get back I'll play you all "happy birthday." Or we can all sing the "Happy Birthday" lyrics along to the two chords I know. I'm sure it'll be the best thing you ever heard, either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment