Last year I did a photo card and it was quite a hit. I think it's fun to receive photo cards as well, so I had my heart set on doing another one this year.
Those of you with husbands know how hard it can be to have a "photo shoot;" the smart ones among you probably don't even attempt it. I had almost given up on doing one this year, because Ted comes home after dark, and starting this weekend I will be in class all day...so that left no daylight hours that we would be together. Somehow a photo taken in the dark with just our white eyes shining doesn't quite convey the message I intend to send: holiday cheer, good tidings, good will towards men, etc...
Then, it snowed. You all know it. I haven't stopped talking about it. I can't decide if I'm excited or elated or full of dread at having to drive my car to work in it....Maybe all three. It snowed enough to give Ted a day off work, and the first thing on his mind was getting out of his sweats and braving the cold to smile for the camera.
Not.
He'd rather do anything else. Even clean the toilet. Which he did. But when he saw how much it meant to me, he got dressed and followed me down the road to give it a shot. And I'm still grateful (for both the photo shoot and the toilet cleaning I don't have to do now).
So we ventured out into the cold (cold, Cold, COLD!) in search of a good backdrop. I kind of had in my mind an area I wanted to go, but it was a bit of a long walk through deep snow, and I was terrified that at any second Ted might give up and walk back to the house. So I located the first evergreens with some snow on them and set up the tripod. Now I will present you with outtake number 1:
Those of you with husbands know how hard it can be to have a "photo shoot;" the smart ones among you probably don't even attempt it. I had almost given up on doing one this year, because Ted comes home after dark, and starting this weekend I will be in class all day...so that left no daylight hours that we would be together. Somehow a photo taken in the dark with just our white eyes shining doesn't quite convey the message I intend to send: holiday cheer, good tidings, good will towards men, etc...
Then, it snowed. You all know it. I haven't stopped talking about it. I can't decide if I'm excited or elated or full of dread at having to drive my car to work in it....Maybe all three. It snowed enough to give Ted a day off work, and the first thing on his mind was getting out of his sweats and braving the cold to smile for the camera.
Not.
He'd rather do anything else. Even clean the toilet. Which he did. But when he saw how much it meant to me, he got dressed and followed me down the road to give it a shot. And I'm still grateful (for both the photo shoot and the toilet cleaning I don't have to do now).
So we ventured out into the cold (cold, Cold, COLD!) in search of a good backdrop. I kind of had in my mind an area I wanted to go, but it was a bit of a long walk through deep snow, and I was terrified that at any second Ted might give up and walk back to the house. So I located the first evergreens with some snow on them and set up the tripod. Now I will present you with outtake number 1:
We'll try again.
Crap. Eyes closed. The green snow fence isn't too scenic either. Honestly at this point I wasn't sure what to do. It was getting REALLY cold. Then my hubby saved the day, and pointed out the most beautiful landscape I could have hoped for. It turned out really well, and you'll have to wait to see it until you get your card in the mail! On the way back to the house, Ted noticed a little trail... and we got ANOTHER contender for the card. Two good ones, both thanks to Ted's good eye! :0)

Isn't that beautiful? Then, we even got to try once more.

I wouldn't call it fun, exactly. I'm still glad we did it, because we got a couple of great pics! Thanks again to my husband for trudging through the snow with me. Now all of you go drag your husbands outside...I wanna see some holiday pics! :0)
Oh how sweet! Good Husband Ted! your wife is happy and so is her mother, very happy thank you for being such a good sport with an eye for great scenery
ReplyDeleteHa! Cant wait to see how it turns out... our pics were cancelled as they made us wait 40 mins past our appt and Cash "wasn't having it". So i'm thinking a new years card is in order to make up for it....
ReplyDeleteThose are some great pictures! Ted doesn't look too tortured! We didn't even attempt it. Nate looks "special" in most photos, so it is best just not to try!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the one we used for our card, BUT there was a whole drama with Snapfish (whom I will never use again). I ordered the cards Dec 2, they got here Dec 21. Which is fine, I don't really care if they go out late. BUT they were horrible quality- they printed out so dark that you couldn't see Ted's face, and his clothes looked black. I was SO mad. I got a refund, but still I'm stuck with embarrassingly ugly Christmas cards. I sent a new batch to be picked up at Wal Mart and my mom and sister are getting them sent out stateside for me. However, I must say there is a very nice looking pic of you two by the Christmas tree at the ball, and Nate doesn't even look special! If you want me to take pics of you guys sometime, you could send out New Years cards to all the folks back home.
ReplyDelete