Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday night wind-down

Hi everyone. It's Sunday night again- time to start preparing for another week. I had drill Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I stayed pretty busy- Friday my unit ran a 9mm (pistol) range and I spent a good chunk of the day shoving rounds into magazines until my fingers couldn't take it anymore. I did get to fire the last 2 tables of the day, though, so that was fun. Saturday was the M-16 (rifle) range and I was one of the lucky ones who rode out on the first early morning convoy to occupy the range. I zeroed and qualified right away, but others weren't as lucky, and we ended up staying out at the range all day waiting for people to hit the targets. I finally made it home at about 8 pm, and Ted had dinner and a movie waiting for me! He made shish-kabobs on the grill with pork, bacon, and mushrooms- very tasty!! The night before he made delicious shrimp and scallops. He makes the BEST scallops! Today people who didn't qualify with their rifles yesterday had to suck it up and go back out to try again. I got tasked to print awards all day, so I didn't have to go. Rather, I sat in the office with a broken computer and a broken printer and did my thing. I'm pleased to say I got it all done, beautifully, and published 8 award orders today. I got home a little before 5, and Ted and I ate dinner and went for a little drive to enjoy the awesome weather. We ended up at the base of a mountain that had a tower on top- we were already there, so we decided to climb it. I was in flip-flops, but I couldn't resist the chance to see what was at the top! It took me a while, but the view was spectacular! The sun rays were shining down on the farm landscape, and it was inspiring. Ted ordered us a camera today, so when it comes, we'll go back. I made it back down the mountain safely, sometimes in flip-flops, and sometimes barefoot. Ted also spied the biggest slug we have ever seen. It was massive. I just wanted to squish him because he was so plump, but I poked him a bit with a stick and flicked him back into the woods.
I am almost afraid to go back to work tomorrow because I was gone on Friday, and the ladies don't know how to run the computer program we use-- they just take sticky notes and envelopes of money and leave it for me to figure out-- and trust me, I barely know more than the do! I've managed to figure it out in the mornings though (the afternoon shift doesn't know how to run stuff either) so I imagine tomorrow will be okay. Ted's softball game actually isn't until Wednesday, so I should get some time tomorrow afternoon to relax. Ted's way ahead of me in Super Mario World now, so I need to play catch-up. Luckily he took the initiative to clean the floors, surfaces, and dishes today, so all I need to do is laundry. :) Do I have the best husband or what!!??
Better wind down for the night. Thanks for stopping by. We love you and miss you!

1 comment: