Sunday, May 31, 2009

Playing Catch (-up)

Hi everyone!
We had another busy week. It's Sunday morning, and I'm just relaxing on the couch with some coffee. Ted is already gone to staff duty, so I'm on my own. I have a long list of things to do today, to include cleaning the house! I'm not good at working AND cooking and cleaning. I think my sleep schedule is just so messed up that I'm too tired to do it when I get home from work. Things around here are definitely not up to par with how the house looked when I wasn't working. Oh well!
Ted's team (the Outlaws or the Nighthhawks, depending on who you ask) won their softball game again on Wednesday. They are still undefeated! I enjoy watching the games, but the mosquitoes are treacherous in the evenings.
Friday night we had a leaders' dinner and had a great time with friends from Ted's work. Saturday we ran some errands and Ted had softball practice. We also test drove a '99 cougar (we desperately need a 2nd car- Ted's 4 wheeler isn't so great to ride to work). It wasn't worth what the guy wanted for it, and made bad noises any time you turned the wheel to the left. Plus he had a gazillion air fresheners inside and I was choking, and the dash board was all chewed up. So we passed on that one. Hopefully something else comes up soon! After that we drove to Vilseck to go to a little sports store they have. Ted's been borrowing a ball glove, so he needed to find one of his own. Somehow his glove didn't make it here in the move. It was hard to find one big enough for him- I think they mainly sell youth gloves. Then I saw this really cute pink and black glove, and decided I better get one, too. So we bought a softball and spent some time that afternoon playing catch. It quickly became obvious that I never really learned the fundamentals of catch. Ted throws the ball, and no matter how hard I try not to, I dance away from it and shut my eyes, as if death itself were flying through the air at me. Needless to say, I can't catch much that way. We had fun anyway, and I'm working on stomping out my instincts. I will never let anyone but Ted see me play catch though, because it's quite embarrassing.
I think that's about it so far this weekend. Oh, my new camera came last week! I didn't have time to even get it out of the box until this weekend, but now I've been playing with it some. I'm going to have to practice with it a lot more, because I'm pretty shaky (it claims to have vibration reduction, so I must be REALLY bad) and things seem blurry. I'm sure it's the operator and not the camera. I can't wait to get out and take some more pictures! I need to get the photo editing software going, too. The camera didn't come with any, but Ted got ahold of something from a friend I might try.
Anyway, I better clean up my coffee cake breakfast. I made it out of a box this time (Krusteaz cinnamon crumb cake) and it wasn't very good. I better stick to my own coffee cake. Ted calls it Scrum Cake instead of crumb cake- guess he didn't think it was very good, either. We managed to eat a lot of it, though!
Until next time...




Ted at Softball Practice

Our new gloves


A pretty purple wild flower that grows in the ditches
(I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures yet)

1 comment:

  1. I like the flower sideways - I thought it was some creative photography. the gloves look like they fit together! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete