Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sad excuse for an update

Hey all,

Not a lot going on here. I just tried to make these peanut butter sandwich cookies that I saw in a magazine. I got two batches baked and cooled, and then I got so sick of it- I threw the rest of the batter in the fridge (which I probably won't bake tomorrow, but just in case), threw all the cookies that I had painstakingly shaped and cut holes in the center of into a tupperware container (now they are all broken and smushed), and got the stupid recipe out of my sight (I wanted to throw it in the trash, but there was a sliiiight possiblility that I would try again tomorrow). Maybe it just got way too hot in the kitchen, I don't know... but there will be no peanut butter thingys for us. I still feel very aggravated at the cookies.

So anyway, the week is half over. Ted is in a course in Vilseck, and of course he is learning lots and acing all his tests. Then, being the responsible workaholic that he is, after school he drives himself to his office to do more work. Talk about dedication! I'm doing the same old thing at work, just waiting for the weekend. I don't stay a single minute later than I absolutely have to. Lately, as soon as the time clock hits 14oo I'm on my way out the door. It's really not all that bad of a job- the only real downside is the crazy early mornings. I'm pretty sleepy by the end of the day. Last night I got out of the car, walked up to the front door, and stood there pushing the unlock button on my keychain, waiting for something to happen. Total blonde moment! I wasn't even thinking. Don't worry, I got inside eventually ;). But anyway, I'm just not the type to do "extra" work, if you know what I mean. Although I do keep us in clean laundry, dishes, and floors, so I guess that counts for something!!

I really don't know too much else, and I'm not even going to post any pictures. I just wanted to say hello, and let you all know I'm thinking of you!

2 comments:

  1. I found a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe recently. It's just:
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 cup sugar (you can sub half with brown sugar)
    1 egg

    350 for 8 minutes, and that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just saw this! Now I have to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete