Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gain

Well, I just spent the last little while vacuuming out my dryer. Somehow I managed to throw a scoop of Gain into the dryer rather than the washing machine. Which is a whole ordeal, because we already had the vacuum out once today, and to get it out again I have to unplug all Ted's stuff from the big transformer, unplug the washing machine, plug everything in, and wrestle with the hose attachment that never wants to attach. I'm always causing myself more work! I'm not crazy, I was just distracted after my "driving lesson" in Ted's stupid manual car. Anyway, then I got to thinking about those Gain commercials (do you realize how long it's been since we have seen a commercial? Crazy!), and I couldn't remember what Gain's slogan was, so I went to Gain's website (ilovegain.com) to see what it was, because yes, I am that bored. Then of course i had to take the 'what is your laundry personality' quiz while I was there. In case you're wondering, I'm 'loaded with love,' and my favorite saying is 'that's how the dryer tumbles.' Hmmm...
We had a great weekend. Friday night we went out with some friends to the German-American Volksfest. It was filled with carnival games, rides, music, and lots and lots of bad-for-you food stands!! We had a great time! I made Ted go back with me on Saturday to get some of the food I missed out on getting Friday night.
The rest of the weekend has been pretty low-key. We should probably plan a trip somewhere- get us out of the house. Any suggestions? We cleaned the house today, and earlier I made Ted come see the deer farm that I found a couple weeks ago. I don't know if it's really a deer farm, but it is a bunch of deer in a pen that love to eat whatever food you bring them. I have started running out there- there are about three different gravel trails, with some fantastic views.
Other than the usual commissary run, we've been hanging out at home. I don't think we have anything else planned for this week. Of course, next week is my birthday, and midweek Ted has to go TDY for a month or a little more. Time to get my list of girly movies together (all the ones he won't watch)!
Oh, I forgot to mention that last weekend we went to Czech to go to the Asian Dragon Market. I'm not sure if it's a gray market, or a black market, or what... but they have all kinds of stuff to barter over. I got 2 new purses, and Ted got a watch. I do not enjoy the confrontational style of these Asian "salespeople," but it was an experience, nonetheless. "My friend, shoe for you? Purse for you?" I even got to go to the elusive "back room" several times. I'm positive that it is just a psychological trick to make you think they are giving you access to the best deal ever. They take you by the arm and stealthily move behind their little stand, looking around to make sure no one else is looking. Then they proceed to take stuff off the wall, unscrew a hidden 2X4 with a screwdriver, unlock a padlock, and slide back a secret door. They usher you in, and quickly shut the door behind you. Make sure you have your cell phone on you, and a strong husband right outside. Now who wouldn't feel as though they really should buy whatever wonderful treasures are hidden away in that room?
Hope your weekend went well. As usual, I'm down to the last few minutes of my weekend and suddenly I can think of tons of stuff I still want to do! I'll add a few pictures:

Ted feeding the deer some bread at the Deer Farm


Harvesting oats at the Deer Farm


Our favorite frog game at the Fest (Ted, Tracy & Joe)


Ted with his "Fish on a stick" at the fest



When it rains here we get giant snails and slugs all over the sidewalks!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ash you are so funny! I am glad the dryer is clean now!! the fish on a stick doesn't look too tasty to me. harvest looks quite similar to home huh. work awaits me too! love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good birthday next week, Ashley! i'm glad we found each other's blogs! It's been fun reading through your's! It's a nice break away from the insanity of motherhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it notified me when people post comments! I never see them until weeks later!

    ReplyDelete