Friday, July 17, 2009

17 July 2009

Some pretty pink flowers I saw on a walk. I tried to identify it online but couldn't find a name.



We have corn here too! There's one place I walk where I feel like I could be in Iowa instead of Germany!


Here's a place where I don't feel like I'm in Iowa- small grains!



When I got home from work today, I sat on the couch to check my email. Three birds came and sat on my windowsill and pecked at the window for at least 45 minutes! I went and stood right in front of them, and it didn't phase them! They really wanted to know what was going on in here!


Please, let me in RIGHT NOW!!! He was flapping his wings and getting all frantic, pecking at the glass all the while. It was definitely weird. Ted is wondering if he was seeing his own reflection in the hatch window.

Well, not much here but a few pictures. All I can say is I'm glad it's the weekend!! I wanted to call in sick to work today, but I couldn't find the phone number. I tell you what, if I had to get up at 4 am tomorrow I just don't know if I could do it! I need to find a way to get to bed earlier, that's all there is to it. Regardless, I made it through the day just fine. Ted, who has been out of town most of the week, got home around 6, and we went to dinner with some friends. We rented the movie Valkyrie to watch, but we are both pretty drowsy. In fact he's sleeping on the couch next to me, so we will probably just call it a night. It's hot and humid here- especially in the house. Our little Elta (that's what we affectionately call our oscillating fan that we run every night for lack of air conditioning) will be working in overdrive today! Our fan is named Elta because that's the brand, not because we're weird.
Mom says she got the camper moved to the County Fair yesterday. It makes me homesick- who doesn't love the county fair? That's were I first learned of Ted Knust, all those years ago, playing cards with his buddies in the cattle barn at the showbox next to mine every year. :0) Granted, he never did talk to me all that much, but that's the only reason he recognized me five or six years later- the County Fair! My little sister Lizbeth is the Marion County Cowgirl Queen this year, so if you make it to the show, pay special attention to the lovely little lady doing the Queen's Salute in the ring. Can't wait to see pics of the fair, Mom! Hope the A.C. in the camper is running good!
Well, I better get my man off to bed. He's had a long few days. Love you all, and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment