Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

For those of you who subscribe via email, somehow I managed to publish this post before I was even finished typing the title. Oops, sorry!

Anyway, look who's back!

A little sunburnt, a lot tired, but none the worse for wear! :)

This weekend I also had the opportunity to say one last goodbye to the people of my unit at a formal dining out. Honestly it was less about saying goodbye and more about already having paid 30 bucks for the meal... but that's neither here nor there.

I didn't have time to take my own picture at the house before I left, so I don't even have one where I can show you my shoes! What do you expect when you hand someone else your camera, I guess.

I have Kylie to thank for the dress- having it in my closet has saved me twice now! I obviously need to work on my jewelry situation, though. I'm just not an "accessory" girl. Although.....




I couldn't pass up this little wallet thingy. I only have one brown leather purse in my life at the moment, so I had nothing to carry my ID, keys, and money in to this formal dinner... This is not fancy at all, but it could hold a cell phone, money, and my ID card, so I bought it! Come to find out I forgot I needed room for my keys. Shucks. Just can't win. It's still cute though.

Not only do I stink at accessorizing, but I also have trouble doing my own hair. I went with a loose bun.....


Made possible by these "spin pins".

I had higher hopes for these (Goody Spin Pins) but I think my hair is just too darn slippery. I'll experiment with them more before giving up on them, but the premise is that you rotate them clockwise into your 'do and it'll hold and look perty without having to do a ponytail.

Enough girl-gab.

The raps is still in bloom-making a beautiful sight and a thick yellow dust!

Somehow this little guy caught my eye! Not a great pic, because he was so far away, but I had to try because this is the ONLY bird I've seen in Germany that has color! His belly perfectly matches the rapse!

Speaking of yellow, the sun is out! According to my weather forecast it is supposed to be mostly cloudy all day. I better go exercise while the conditions are right! Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Ted! Nice pictures as usual. Ted looks great and the yellow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is much better off in your closet, Ash. It fits like it was made for you! I got some spin pins when my hair was longer and they don't really hold for me either. I did find that if I put my hair in an elastic and then used them to make a bun, it stayed better, but that kind of defeats the purpose. I had high hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister got me some of those hair things claiming that they will change my life. Well, they haven't. I too have found colorful birds in Germany, they just happen to be purple pigeons that are currently eating my newly planted grass seed. FML.

    ReplyDelete