Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally getting to this...

Sorry, friends and family...I have neglected my blog again. I haven't done much that is "news-worthy" lately. I'll fill you in as best I can, though.
Things are still the same on the work-front. Just doing what I do. :) It's not my favorite, but it's temporary. Ted made it home from his mission in time for Labor Day weekend, so we got to enjoy a nice 3-day weekend together. We went to see Transformers 2, which was ok for the first hour and a half, but I slept through the entire second half of the movie. Ted kept waking me up, but apparently I was extremely tired! Besides, no movie should be more than 2 hours. 90 minutes is just right! Monday we drove up to Nurnberg and took the train into the city center. We saw a castle, did a little shopping, and ate Eis (ice cream), brezel (giant salted pretzel), and bratwurst (I think we all know that one). The city was bustling with tons of outdoor shops and eateries, and the weather was amazing. It has been really cooling off lately, and I think the other day the thermometer said 52 degrees! I definitely need to go up to the attic to retrieve our winter clothes. The days are noticeably shorter now, and it doesn't get light until around 6:30, and it gets dark around 8:30 or 9.
Last night, I went to the Senior Spouse's Coffee for our battalion- it was at Don Peppinos- an Italian place that does pretty good pizza. We have a formal ball in November--she told us in advance so we could get dresses ordered in time. Any ideas on how to order a formal gown that would actually fit and look nice without trying it on?? This could be tricky. I guess the girls who went to it last year found a guy in Vilseck who does good alterations, but still... Hmm.
Honestly, I'm not sure of anything new going on here. I will try to keep up with this more regularly. Here's a couple of pictures: the first two are out our guest room window the other night, and I took the last picture in Nurnberg. I hope you're all doing well-- and I'll try to keep up with this much better!



3 comments:

  1. Hey great sunset! good to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jen & would be happy to go dress shopping for you! In fact, I'd really enjoy it so let us know if you want help! I've really enjoyed keeping up with your blog, love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now Ted is going to be in the field during that time, so no ball for me! But thanks for the offer :0) If it turns out I do need a dress after all I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete